You had your interview. Now all that’s left is to sit back, and wait for them to contact you about next steps, right? Wrong!
Just because your actual interview is over, that doesn’t mean you’re off the hook just yet. The interview extends long beyond the actual scheduled time itself.
How you follow up matters.
Crafting interviewer-focused thank yous and follow-up communications can help you to continue to stand out.
Here are a few tips to craft a killer thank you note:
- Consider what mode that interviewer would want to receive a thank you note in (handwritten v. email)
- Think about the core message of your note, and use that to frame the message
- Remember that timeliness is key, and many recommend sending your note within 24 hours of the interview
- Write one note to each interviewer so that you can make it relevant to each person’s needs and objectives
- Don’t overthink it – the goal is to show your appreciation, not to turn the thank you into another cover letter
With these tips in hand, you are set up to stand out and be remembered long after the interview is over.
Want more interview support? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about our interview-focused coaching services.